Pages

From the Land Down Under, With Love

A little bit missing this place and the man who lives in it, I decided to make this photo post. You know people say, home is where your heart is. This might sound very cheesy and cliché but I might just call Melbourne as my home since the person I love dearly lives there. I used to think that saying is pretty cheesy too until I feel it myself. Melbourne, a place that is supposed to be unfamiliar to a first-timer like me did not feel unfamiliar at all. In fact, I loved it there, I felt comfortable. Melbourne was anything but unfamiliar to me. Probably because the laid-back atmosphere, the friendly people, and the most importantly, because of his companion.

Attended Haries's graduation at Monash University. I was one proud girlfriend and he looked dashing in that navy suit I could just rip that off *hehe*.

Walking to Caufield Train Station to our place where there were only two of us. I love this picture, the sunset, the light and especially the object, him. 

Passing through this pretty corner, Haries called it Melbourne Underground. I'm sure he made that up because it didn't look or feel "underground" at all. 




Haries took me to Shrine of Remembrance, a memorial monument. We spent quite a lot of time there, not just because we were exhausted from all the walking but also because it had a really nice view of Melbourne. Obviously we took a hell lot of pictures, including some cheesy and ridiculous ones.








Visited Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Center for our friend's graduation then strolled around in Yarra River's side. It's lovely there, I love it.




Had a little getaway to Sydney for 2 days. Haries has been here before so he showed me around. We went to Darling Harbour, Fish Market, Harbour Bridge, Opera House, Royal Botanic Gardeh and also we took a ferry to Manly Beach. There were lots of walking but I really enjoyed it, obviously because I had a great company. We had a little misfortune with the hostel we stayed at, Haries was so disappointed but gladly it didn't ruin our trip. Frankly, I like Melbourne better than Sydney, but Sydney's weather were more friendly. Melbourne was ridiculously chilly and windy all the time I was there, when it supposed to be Summer. Good thing I had someone I could hug when it's chilly *hehe*.




This is a little bit cheesy, we always wanted to do the lock of love thing like the one in Paris and South Korea. Well, thankfully Melbourne has one bridge for that too, I forget the name of the bridge huft. I think it has just started there, there were already plenty of padlocks with couples' names on it but I hadn't as packed as the ones in Paris and South Korea. It was fun actually, go try it yourself. After unlocking our "padlove" (Haries named it) we went to Eureka Skydeck Tower, a 88 stories building to look out the entire city. Too bad we were too hungry to wait for the sunset, we had some great views though.
In front of Flinders Street Station.

Lovers only :">
It was a dream come true, I could celebrate the New Year with my loved one. It's our second New Year's eve as a couple, but last year we couldn't be together. So happy to be with him this time. We watched fireworks in Docklands, it was beautiful and there were so many lights. Maybe Sydney for the next (next...next...next) New Year Eve? *kode*

I actually still have lotssss of photos of the trip but it's going to be a very long post if I post all of them so I just pick my favorite ones. I wish I could go back soon and meet my boyfriend. It's fun to travel with him so I hope we can keep visiting places together. Soon, baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment